Saturday, June 9, 2007

It’s getting hot in here, so take off all your Moxie

Okay so last night’s show was great. Way to go Julie for setting it up. The venue used to be a motel, so you go in to this funky bar area and then you walk down a narrow hallway for about thirty feet with little rooms branching off of it (three of these narrow rooms were girl’s bathrooms) until it opens up to the stage area bespeckled with columns erected in seeming disregard to structural integrity. It was a lot of fun to play and the crowd definitely dug our style and starting grooving along with us. We had a drunk older man “pole dance” on one of those haphazardly placed columns, and another buy us drinks. The guys in the band that played after us, Decifer, were really nice and I appreciated playing with them.

Last night we crash at a friend of Julie’s house in Hattiesburg. By the time we get there everyone was passed out. We commandeer an empty room and set up shop. We are the brink of sleep when suddenly a random drunk guy waltzes in and flops face down on the bed between Jamie and Evan. Andy and I giggle uncontrollably into a pillow.

He suddenly realizes that he is not alone in the bed. He looks left and right.
“There are two guys in my bed. This is so GAY. . . who are you?”
Jamie: “Jamie.”
“Who are you?”
Evan: “Evan.”
“I don’t even know you . . .” he mutters and he gets up and leaves.
All four of us burst into maniacal laughter.

He returns three minutes later:
“Yall aren’t bangin in my bed are you? ‘Cause that would be NASTY.”
Jamie: “No we were just asleep”
“I mean I just saw you putting your pants back on and I mean please tell me you weren’t hooking up.”
Jamie: No, I don’t sleep fully clothed

. . .pause . . .

“One, two, three, four, five. It would be great if four, or five of you left right now.”

. . .pause . . .

Andy: “Yeah could we sleep on your floor?”

3 comments:

Jbrd said...

Woot I will send you pictures tomorrow

Jbrd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
moxie said...

NIce thanks for the pics. We'll post them soon