Friday, June 8, 2007

I’m going to Jackson . . .

We got booked in a fever
Hotter than Funkwagen’s temp
We’ve been driving to Jackson
Ever since that fan shroud’s in

We’re going to Jackson, we’re going to mess around
Yeah we’re going to Jackson, look out Moxie’s in town


Andy was more or less certain that we weren’t going to make it to our gig tonight in Jackson Mississippi. Funkwagen’s tune-up was supposed to be done in a day, but then the mechanics realized we needed a new fan shroud. Apparently you can only get one of these in Chicago. Apparently you can’t drive to Mississippi without a fan shroud. Apparently, (or by the grace of God) you can make it to Jackson even if you leave 25 hours later than your original plan.

Oh yeah let me introduce you to our two new members: Jamie Zimmer, our new drummer. He has the quote of the day. “I don’t like beer. Or wine. I only drink liquor. I’m high maintenance.” Let me also introduce you to Andy Whitten, our new bassist, formally the drummer of the band Moxie. For three nights in a row, he slept naked with Evan.

3 comments:

Lyssa said...

You can delete this comment once you fix it, but as your sister I feel the need to point out that Andy is not formally the drummer, he is formerly the drummer. But you will probably leave it now that I said something about it, defending your error with some inane bout of logic too long-winded to deal with. Yes, he is formally your drummer because in a formal sense he has done your drumming. But you meant formerly and you can't even lie.

Lyssa said...

I also don't know why my name shows up as "Austin." Strange.

moxie said...

If the logic was readily apparent, is it really that dubious?