Thursday, June 14, 2007

Another sunrise

How often do you see the sun rise? This is probably my fifth or sixth in the past two weeks. Aparently Evan's grandma was amazed at our schedule - she must have forgotten that we're in a band.



Tonight's show was fantastic, and I find New York fascinating. We went to Times Square afterwards and the giant M&M's enthralled me. I'm so pumped about D.C. later today. So anyway the show - the four of us are definitely getting in the groove together. Andy is finding his footing on bass and Jamie actually knows the names to our songs now!

Ah yes you're probably wondering how we even made it to New York without Funkwagen. We ended up renting a van from Enterprise. It's navigational capabilities are significantly more sick-nasty, but the comfort level has dropped. There are only two seats, so when we brake sometimes massive bass amps slam into the small of my back. Speaking of slamming into things, I forgot to mention that the night before Funkwagen's transmission decided to cross the river Styx and never look back we were in another accident.

So I'm casually driving in Atlanta, Georgia, around 11PM on a Saturday night. Suddenly a white Jeep crosses FOUR LANES on the highway, apparently intending to plow into the side of our lovely lady Ms Tahtkraft. Jamie is screams and I yell unimaginable profanities. I can't switch into the other lane because I'm in a massive airport shuttle and I don't want to pwn another car chilling in my blindspot, so I brake and swerve as much as a can. The jeep clips the front end and teeters madly off into the distance ahead of us. Still cursing, I try to speed up and see who the guy is but of course Funkwagen is wounded and in no shape for a high speed pursuit. A copper passes us but doesn't turn his lights on. Aparently he didn't notice the hit and run.

I pull off to the side of the road, and miraculously our only damage is a dent and a missing brake light. We still have the headlight, the bumper and hood are unscathed, etc. Before it sped off Jamie noticed that Jeep got pretty beat up, while our hardy and courageous Funkwagen sustained only minor injuries. A fitting vehicle for a band dubbed Moxie indeed.

No comments: